Robert was called to the Bar in 1992 and is a Member of Inner Temple.
Robert specialises in criminal law with some personal injury, family and prison law experience and is based in Bristol.
Robert is regularly instructed by various CPS areas to prosecute trials in the Magistrates Court. He is a CPS Prosecutor Grade 1 and undertakes both Prosecution and Defence work. He is also briefed regularly in a full range of Crown Court matters – trials, contested POCA applications, sentences and appeals.
Robert frequently receives work from the UKBA in relation to applications for forfeiture of cash and has been routinely instructed by the Child Support Agency in respect of prosecutions for failing to provide information, and applications to commit to prison for non-payment of maintenance.
Robert has also been instructed in a number of small claims personal injury trials.
Robert is accredited under the Public Access Scheme to accept direct instructions.
- MA (Hons)
- Prosecuted a conspiracy worth £138,000 to defraud the DWP arising from benefit cheques stolen in the post. Prosecution was put to proof.
- Prosecuted the offence of violent disorder in one of the Bristol Tesco riot trials. Defence was the police witnesses were lying.
- Defended an allegation of rape of two half-sisters, and subsequent witness intimidation. Issue was straight denial.
- Defended an allegation of repeated thefts amounting to £40K from a mother-in-law suffering from dementia to finance an extra-marital affair with an escort girl. Issue was the receipts were gifts made with the informed consent of the donor.
- Defended allegations of ABH, assault and affray in a stabbing incident in a drunken domestic love triangle confrontation.
- Defended assault with intent to rob after the discovery of a Lebanese Loop at a cash machine. Issue was self-defence and mistake.
- Criminal Bar Association
- Inner Temple
- Western Circuit