Robert was called to the Bar in 1998 and is a member of Gray’s Inn
- Landlord and Tenant
Ross has a strong financial background and his practice has developed as a natural progression of his career prior to being called to the bar. Ross previously worked in a number of roles involving treasury matters and the analysis of financial and quantitative information for oil companies and banks (including Amoco Exploration and the Bank of England), consequently, he is able to deal with issues involving the analysis of financial and statistical data in a manner which other barristers often find difficult.
Ross also practices in the area of criminal law with an emphasis on fraud and traffic. He is instructed by defence solicitors on privately-funded matters and regularly appears in the Magistrates Court, High Court and the Court of Appeal. He is also instructed in cases involving issues of fraud before the Civil Courts. Ross has acted as a leading junior and as a junior and is frequently instructed in matters involving complex points of law.
Ross is based in London and covers courts countrywide.
- BA Econ (University of Leeds)
- LLB (City University)
- MBA (Cass Business School)
- R -v- Hilda Gondwe-Da Silva  2 Crim App R 35.
- The Court of Appeal defined suspicion for the purposes of money laundering.
- R -v- Renda, Ball, Osbourne, Razaq and Razaq  1 Crim App R 24.
- One of the leading cases on the bad character provisions of the Criminal Justice Act 2003.
- Agrilek Limited -v- Boundy  UKEA/0342/05/ZT
- Represented the Appellant in the Employment Appeal Tribunal. The case concerned the decision of an Employment Tribunal to refuse an adjournment following the withdrawal of earlier Counsel during a full Employment Tribunal hearing.
- R -v- Graham & Whatley  1 Crim App R (S) 115.
- Guideline case on sentencing for benefit fraud. The case also considered issues of sentencing with respect to specimen counts.
- Ross is accredited under the Public Access Scheme for direct instructions.
- Criminal Bar Association
- Employment Bar Association